Thursday 26 May 2011

Buying Above the Door Chin up Bar



Over All Rating Reviews :
I like the idea of having a chin-up bar within the door frame; however, I am tall, and the typical product of this nature doesn't give me enough vertical room. This product allowed me to be more flexible in customizing it's height. Keep in mind, not all doors have studs that run horizontal above the frame; however, all door frames have what are called King Studs, which run vertically on both sides of the door frame. You can google this to see what I am talking about. I also took the liberty of installing a thick base board between the wall and the bar to both increase the stability and allow me to raise the bar a little higher. I do recommend going to the hardware store and replacing the lag bolts that come with the bar, get galvanized lag bolts and washers. Now here is the trick that I used to maintain a solid and tight fit on the wall.. Drill a pilot hole for all your screws then screw the lag bolts through the base board and into the studs. Unscrew everything and buy some oak wood dowels, hammer them in the holes that are left from the lag bolts, then screw the bolts back in. This will ensure a very tight fit and an incredible hold. I hope this review helps with any questions that you may have about this product, as I have tried to base it on all questions that I had when I was thinking about purchasing.
Get more detail about Above the Door Chin up Bar.





No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links